the why behind our why
The start of your first day, the first page of your chapter, the start of forever.
TO CHRONICLE DAY ONE...
Why you love in the first place.
Why you started.
To stumble upon your wedding album 50 years later and instantly be beside you on day one. To remember beside you. To remember where they came from and
why they matter.
FOR YOUR KIDS & GRANDKIDS...
In the form light and shadows, of paper and ink. To transport you to a moment, a second...
...A TIME MACHINE
To remember what we looked like, but to remember what we were like.
Because we are all stories in the end.
BECAUSE IT'S NOT ENOUGH...
Where we document your story.
...WELCOME TO ETHER & SMITH
MEET THE TEAM
Growing up as an only child, I had to get creative. Although I never had any imaginary friends, I had imaginary worlds. Worlds where I would be crawling through secret passageways in ancient cities, but in reality, it was a sheet thrown over the dining chairs, or I would be repelling down a castle to escape intruders, but in reality it was me jumping down from the couch. I wanted to be a mad scientist, a space explorer, a secret agent, archaeologist, a painter, and so on and so on…
My love for discovery, observation, wonder, mystery, and storytelling made me who I am now; a historian for lovers.
See what’s currently inspiring me here…
Dreamer. Planner. Thinker. Artist. Home-body with a sense of wanderlust (it's possible). Tea connoisseur. Foodie. Animal lover. People watcher. A cynic who believes in fairy-tales, soulmates, and love at first sight. Lover of science fiction and fantasy genres as well as interior design, architecture, and couture dresses. A Slytherin.
Southern boy at heart. Loves to laugh. Roots for the Saints and Pelicans. A comic book and video game database. Will eat almost anything and will help with your leftovers to feed his 6'5" frame. Tinkers with his PC and codes on his downtime. A Hufflepuff.
Chicha & Slink
Loves food, cuddling, and scratches. Watches their humans play video games. Are always in the same room together but are never affectionate with each other. Likes to chirp at birds from the window. Sleeps a lot, yet loves to run up and down the hall way meowing. Listens to their humans talk to them too much (especially the female one).
WHAT SPARKS JOY IN EMMA
• Sleeping in our bed with fresh clean sheets
• Drinking hot tea and people watching
• Eating mom's home-cooked spicy Indonesian food
• The smell of rain and old books (yes, I sniff books)
• Cuddling with my cat on a quiet day
• Crisp morning air that stays the entire day
• Crunchy Food
• Stopping completely when I see majestic light/views
• Freshly painted nails
• Little spooning Allen
• Dark chocolate that's been refrigerated (for the extra crunch)
WHAT SPARKS JOY IN ALLEN
• Randomly hugging Emma
• Forklift grabbing Slink and hugging him 'til he bites me in frustration
• Eating ekiben on the bullet train in Japan
• Listening to lofi hip hop while overlooking Shibuya with Emma
• Recording and posting highlights when I stylishly defeat opponents in Street Fighter
• Chilling in a coffee shop on a rainy day
• Discovering a new anime to watch
• Browsing old games at Frank and Sons
• Hosting game night at our place
• Randomly finding a great picture to take when I'm in public